EA/PAs are at the heart of organisations, working side-by-side with chief executives and leaders, playing a key role in supporting decisions.
Ask any successful leader how they achieve their goals while battling a diary full of commitments, a deluge of emails and requests for their time, and most will say they couldn’t do it without their personal assistant.
Technology has replaced the typing pool, releasing PAs from routine clerical tasks and creating opportunities to take on new managerial responsibilities. Where a PA or secretary used to have a purely reactive role, they are now proactively finding new ways to improve processes and contribute to the goals of the organisation.
The support you provide as an EA/PA is vital to your organization’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. Today, most EA/PAs are expected to have leadership and management skills in order to set your own administrative priorities. In addition, you must have skills to manage all contacts, create, store and retrieve documents, plus a broad variety of other administrative skills. To do all of this successfully, you need to have strategic insight and be able to innovate better processes. At the same time, you must be tactical, process-oriented, and driven toward continuous improvement. This comprehensive “From EA/PA to Manager Masterclass” gives you a wide range of skills to help you handle any work challenge with greater confidence and effectiveness. Leave with an action plan of best practices to apply immediately on the job.
We have designed the content and course structure to help you transform from a competent PA/EA into a confident and authentic manager. You will develop skills to inspire confidence, command respect, build credibility and motivate others. You will be encouraged you to think differently – and you will emerge from this masterclass as a more effective and confident manager, ready to tackle the multi-faceted challenges of your role.
Who should attend?
- Administrative Managers
- Senior Principal/Principal Secretaries
- Confidential Secretaries
- Executive Secretaries
- Senior Personal/Special Assistant
- Personal Assistants
- Human Resources Managers
- Clerk of House of Assembly
- Special/Executive Asst.
- Accelerating the Corporate Ladder: Becoming an Effective Team Leader/Manager and Motivational Techniques
- Approach to a Better Working Relationship with Bosses and Colleagues
- Essential Management Skills for EA/PA
- Project Management Principles for EA/PA
- Establishing Robust People Management Skills and Winning them Over to Your Side
- Developing Your Strengths As A Leader
- How to Present and Communicate Your Ideas more Professionally to Management
- How to Take Criticisms and Give Constructive Criticisms Positively